Thursday, June 02, 2005

Is he REALLY this stupid? Really?

Every once in a while, I think that perhaps President George W. Bush isn't all that stupid. Maybe it's all an act, and he's really just evil incarnate instead. Stupid....Evil.....Stupid.....Evil....It's a toss-up really.

Then he says something that forces me to come down on the "Stupid" side of the debate.

Speaking about Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas:

“The president ran on a peace platform,” Bush said of Abbas. “You know, maybe somebody will run on a war platform--you know, vote for me, I promise violence. I don’t think they’re going to get elected, because I think Palestinian moms want their children to grow up in peace just like American moms want their children to grow up in peace. As a matter of fact, I think the people that campaign for peace will win.

I had to re-read that twice. And I searched all over for the punch-line.

Let's take a quick review Bush's peace platform:

"The reason we start a war is to fight a war, win a war, thereby causing no more war!" --First Presidential Debate

Well, if that's not a ringing endorsement of peace, I don't know what is!

"And the reason why I'm so strong on democracy is democracies don't go to war with each other." --November 12, 2004

Nope, we just go to war with other countries.

"Security is the essential roadblock to achieving the road map to peace." -- Washington, D.C., July 25, 2003.

Um...I don't really know what that means...but sure! That sounds peace-y enough.

"...[A]s we insist that Congress be wise with your money, we're going to make sure we spend enough to win this war. And by spending enough to win a war, we may not have a war at all." -- Kennesaw, Georgia, February 20, 2003.

OK. That makes no sense at all. I can't even fake it.

"We don't have a beef with Muslims." -- Washington, DC, October 25, 2001

Because we are a peaceful nation, y'all. Duh.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." -- Saginaw, MI, September 29, 2000

No wonder we elected the man! This just clears it all up for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home