Monday, May 08, 2006

It's Monday.

I worked all weekend long, which always makes me a little detached from the outside world. Which is a long way to say that I don't have much to say. Unless you want me to talk about the finer points of mental illness, delinquency, and the short-comings of the juvenile justice system as we know it. But honestly, it's kind of boring.

I DO have to admit that I was wrong earlier when I said that they couldn't PAY me to watch Mission Impossible 3. Apparently, they could. I didn't actually have much choice in the matter, so I don't feel too guilty about it.

It wasn't awful. I wouldn't see it again, but it didn't make my eyes bleed, or my spleen explode. So, I guess I'll count myself lucky. I did laugh a lot at inappropriate times, thanks to Tom Cruise. There's just something about him being 4 feet tall and crazy that makes me chuckle, I can't help it. I entertained myself by picking out scenes where he was either standing on a box, or they were employing some pretty fancy camera angles to make him look normal sized. My favorite instance was where he was filmed looking taller than his boss, Lawrence Fishburne. Lawrence Fishburne is 6'1". When I'm sitting in a movie theater, I'm willing to suspend a certain amount of disbelief....but that's going a bit too far.

I was happy to see that there was barely anybody in the theater. I think a lot of people are as sick of Cruise as I am. Which explains why the movie didn't do nearly as well as they thought it was going to do in its opening weekend.

An interesting note: The Barry Bonds' lovin' co-worker I wrote about earlier saw MI3 twice in one day. He's a big Tom Cruise fan too, apparently. It's always good to know my instincts about people are still razor sharp.

3 Comments:

Blogger Banana_Grl said...

I got dragged to it and I think my eyes almost started bleeding! Talk about cheezy movie ... I've never seen someone run as much in a movie (not even Forest Gump) and I had a strong urge to yell out "Run, Tommy, run!" several times. At least you got paid to go :( maybe that would have made it a bit more bearable!

May 08, 2006 6:38 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

I was laughing hysterically through that long running scene near the end. Mostly because I'd just seen an interview with Cruise where he was enthusiastically saying things like "I could not WAIT to do that sprint, man!"

He's such a toolbox.

May 08, 2006 6:50 PM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

I have a feeling that the DVD commentary track for M:I:3 will be an all-time classic.

May 09, 2006 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home