Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Tuesdays are worse than Mondays, even.

This is a long-held theory of mine. I hate Tuesdays, in general. Nothing good ever happens on Tuesdays. They're just Mondays with a little extra helping of Bland. If I had to rank the days of the week for badness, Tuesdays are worst, then Sunday nights, then Mondays. Thursdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, in that order from bad to not as bad, round out the rest.

I felt like posting something about a bizarre, ridiculous, and/or outlandish news story today, so I went to CrazyReports.com, a sort of clearing house for all those sorts of things. Like Fark.com, but not as cool looking.

The problem was, I couldn't find any news there that was suitably odd or notable. In fact, I noticed that the headlines on CrazyReports.com are actually look more like legitimate news stories.

Some CrazyReports headlines:
Now, look at some of the headlines from the cable news websites today:
Pretty soon, I'm just going to cancel my subscription to TIME and just get all my important news updates from the supermarket check-out line.

But if the actual news sites are posting ridiculous "news" (I just don't consider Tom, Britney, or this weeks reality TV show results to be NEWS news) disguised as legitimate news, and ridiculous "news" sites are posting regular news....then where am I going to go for off-the-wall, crazy-as-batshit news? Any ideas?

*Now, if they were talking about an actual fox having opinions about decriminalization laws, THAT would be a pretty awesome news story.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte said...

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Maybe it's because I'm still looking at life as a student, but Thursdays are vastly superior to Wednesdays in my book. Because Friday is really like a non-weekday, Thursday is like the beginning of the weekend. And Wednesday is stuck right in the middle of the week. But I definitely agree about Tuesday being the worst.

May 09, 2006 10:47 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

I had to defend my Wednesday/Thursday choice on my myspace post too. I should have clarified to begin with. I like Wednesdays more because twice a month, I have them free from all three of my jobs. The other two Wednesdays a month, I only have to work an hour or two in the early evening. THURSDAYS, on the other hand I frequently end up having to go from 7:30 in the morning until 11:30 at night.

However, I totally understand your affinity for the Thursday. When I was a student, it was one of my favorites.

May 10, 2006 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home