Friday, July 01, 2005

Friday Random Ten: Extended Version

With random lyrics and/or useless information. Because I am bored.


1. None of the Above--Duran Duran
"I am I myself alone and realize
I never need to use no one

When it comes down to my soul
freedom puts my faith in none of the above.
"

If Duran Duran were a church, I'd go there.

2. Feed the Tree--Belly

This was one of my very favorite songs in 7th or 8th grade. The video was so simple, but very me. At least in 7th or 8th grade.

3. Still in Love Song--The Stills
"We were lovers, we were kissers
we were holders of hands, we were make-believers."

Once, right after Logic Will Break Your Heart came out, a friend of mine was moving away. I bought him this cd as a surprise going away present. When I gave it to him, wrapped up, he handed me a wrapped cd too. We opened them at the same time....and it was the same friggin' cd. Very strange.

4. Angel Mine--Cowboy Junkies

I think that Cowboy Junkies could be singing the lyrics to "Don't Worry, Be Happy," and it would still be so depressing you'd want to throw yourself off a bridge.

5. On Saturday--The Clarks

This has got to be the happiest, funkiest, most groovable break-up song ever. You have to hear it to believe it.

6. Take Me or Leave Me--Rent Soundtrack

Has anyone else seen the preview for the upcoming movie version? I don't know if it'll be any good or not....but I got really excited when I saw it.

7. Baby Don't Cry--INXS

Welcome to Wherever You Are was, hands down, my favorite album when I was 12. I distinctly remember buying it. And then listening to it over and over and over. Life was good then. These songs still make me happy.

8. Situation--Yaz

This is from the Rules of Attraction soundtrack. I think that's why it's on my computer. I was obsessed with that movie for a while...even though it's no where near as good as American Psycho. But the soundtrack is awesome, regardless.

9. Talk to Me, Dance with Me--Hot Hot Heat

"You are my only girl. But you're not my owner, girl."

I love them. That is all.

10. Found a Peanut--Toddler Tunes

I'm sure I have an excellent reason why this is on my computer. I just can't think of it right now.

And a Bonus # 11, because I simply cannot allow "Found a Peanut" to be the last song I listen to this morning:

11. Music is the Victim--Scissor Sisters

That is much, much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home