Thursday, September 01, 2005

"I immediately regret this decision!!!"

(And if you don't immediately recognize that quote, I'm not sure we can still be friends.)

On my way to work tonight, at 5pm, my car was running low on gas. Roughly 8 blocks from work, my warning light came on. I debated whether to stop right then, or to wait and get gas on my way home at 11:30. I hate stopping for gas late at night, but I also hate being late for work. So, I made the decision to push on, clock in on time, and get gas on the way home.

As I drove past the gas station, I noted the price: $2.89. Ouch!

So, after a long evening with the delinquents, I headed home. Stopping at the gas station, I was so tired that I didn't even bother to look at the price. I was half-way through the gas-pumping process before I noticed the illuminated numbers below the pump.

$3.19.

THREE NINETEEN!

THAT woke me up.

30 cents in one shift. That's insane.

In all seriousness, if this particular trend continues, I realize now that I may have to rethink my current employment situation. Which sucks.

Anyway, the moral of the story is, I'm a dumbass who should've gotten gas earlier in the day when I had the chance.

4 Comments:

Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Yeah. It's really starting to hurt.

September 02, 2005 9:21 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Two-block drive? That's a walk, my friend!

September 02, 2005 1:01 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

The same thing happened to me! In our area the one station has 5 cents off on Tuesdays. On Tuesday gas was $2.55! There was a line of cars waiting and I looked at my gauge and saw I had half a tank and thought, I'll wait until Saturday when the gas at another station I go to is 5 cents off. (Their prices are usually the same)
The next day gas went up to $2.75, then 2.95 and the spiral continued. (Today I paid $3.39-the cheapest in the area) Damn me for not filling up on Tuesday!

September 03, 2005 9:12 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

I sympathize! It's not up that high here, YET. You poor thing!

September 04, 2005 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home