Friday, August 26, 2005

Friday again?

You know the drill.

Today with random lyrics that I like.

Just because I'm bored and I actually listened to all of these right now.

1. Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me--Morrissey
"No hope, no harm. Just another false alarm."

2. Two Fine People--Cat Stevens
"Anything that Heaven can give you, I can give you instead."

3. Killing An Arab--The Cure
"I can turn and walk away or I can fire the gun.....which ever I choose, it amounts to the same: Absolutely nothing."

4. Angel Mine--Cowboy Junkies
"I can't promise that I'll grow those wings, or keep this tarnished halo shined..."

5. Arlington Queen--stellastarr*
"This is how we kill ourselves. And maybe we were wrong. But who will ever know?"

6. The Trapeze Swinger--Iron & Wine
"and then they went on to say that the Pearly Gates had some eloquent graffiti,
like: 'we'll meet again' and 'fuck the Man' and 'tell my mother not to worry.'"

7. This Modern Love--Bloc Party
"I've never known what's good for me."

8. The Monk and the Bug--The Harvey Girls
"We're all alike in insignificance."

9. Coney Island--Death Cab for Cutie
"Brooklyn will fill in the beach eventually and everyone will go except me."

10. Not an Addict--K's Choice
"It's not a habit. It's cool."

4 Comments:

Blogger R said...

Did you know that Killing An Arab, by The Cure, is about the book "The Stranger" by Albert Camus?

August 26, 2005 8:03 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Absolutely. I worshiped Camus and existentialism in general for quite some time. I guess I still do. My friends and I once had a great idea for a short film based on that concept...that involved a Robert Smith impersonator and someone dressed up as Camus spinning in a grave screaming obscenities in French.

August 26, 2005 8:08 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

oh! that's one movie i'd like to see :)

August 26, 2005 9:26 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Me too. I'll get it made someday.

August 26, 2005 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home