Saturday, September 03, 2005

I've had it.

Everyone has their emotional breaking point. And I guess this is mine.

I wouldn't normally blog in this state, but I'm online, and it's handy.

We've just spent almost a whole week watching episodes from that new reality show "Presidentially Inept," and now he gets to hand pick himself another Supreme Court justice. Wonderful.

I'm pissed at Rehnquist for dying. I'm pissed at Bush for any number of things. I'm pissed at Homeland Security for fucking things up so badly down south. I'm pissed at the Republicans in Washington for being pricks, in general. I'm pissed at the Democrats in Washington for being spineless milquetoasts, not standing up to these bullies, and basically selling us all out for politics. I'm pissed at anyone who seriously voted for four more years of this bullshit. I am pissed at anyone who, however subtly, claims that the people left in New Orleans deserved what they got. I'm pissed at the national news media for, basically doing what they always do. I'm pissed at a whole lotta people. Too many to keep listing. Plus, the energy one gets from rage tends to burn out quickly, and then leaves you exhausted.

And I am. I am really tired. In every way.

11 Comments:

Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Like the Empire in Star Wars, maybe.

When the world becomes completely defined by Multi-National Corporations instead of geographical boundries, we'll probably all end up unwitting citizens of Halliburtonia.

Thanks for reading my rant, Vincent.

September 04, 2005 12:28 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

i hear you. frustration at its worse. just don't give in to it, please. the rest of us depends on americans like you.

September 04, 2005 3:10 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Thanks jenny. And I depend on people like you to put me up when I eventually get so pissed off that I just up and swim across the Atlantic. :)

September 04, 2005 11:02 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

anytime :)

September 04, 2005 11:27 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Wob, the problem with the media is that they are painting most NO citizens as looting thugs who will kill you if your jacket looks funny. They're showing that because it's true to enough of an extent to garner ratings. But for every looting thug, there's 20 people just trying to make it in the face of losing everything they've ever had.

Even here, I'm having to convince people close to me that this isn't the case in the shelter where I'm volunteering. They watch all the stories, you see. If it bleeds, it leads. The good people aren't as interesting, so they largely leave that out (that is, unless they want to score some sentimentality points).

September 04, 2005 5:06 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 04, 2005 5:13 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Yup. What he said.

I've heard from too many of my friends and acquaintances down there that the images and spin the media was putting on things was no where NEAR to the truth of the matter. It doesn't do anything to improve the racial issue, when the media presents the black people of New Orleans as animalistic looters and murderers.

September 04, 2005 5:14 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

I'm glad you don't see it that way. But honestly, that's probably at least partially because you don't think like that in general. But for people who are looking for further evidence to support their racial prejudices, stereotypes and irrational fears, many in the media have given them plenty of ammunition.

September 04, 2005 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least President Nero doesn't get to replace one of the sane justices

September 04, 2005 10:22 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Yes yes yes. Good point indeed.

September 04, 2005 10:23 PM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

But he DID fiddle while NO burned. Literally. Did you see that pic of him strumming guitar?

September 06, 2005 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home