Wednesday, July 06, 2005

More blogging about blogging

I'm sorry.

It's just that I'm having a little trouble getting back into the swing of things.

It's like, say you had a favorite relative or friend that passed away. And maybe you really enjoyed one particular activity with said person. Say, fishing, for example. You have all of these wonderful memories of your time fishing together.

When that person is gone, you maybe feel a little guilty about wanting to go fishing without them. You may even claim you'll never go fishing again, because it just isn't the same.

Of course, I know that you ALWAYS end up fishing again. And you even enjoy it. It becomes a way to remember your fallen comrade fondly.

And so, I'm sure I'll be up and at 'em again soon.

Except in my case, it's sort of like I murdered my friend the last time we went fishing together. Like Neri and Fredo.

I bet it took Neri a while to get back to fishing after that little incident.

Oh my....this analogy just got WAY out of hand. I shall stop while I'm ahead.

5 Comments:

Blogger barn said...

Not sure what happened, but can I still be in your Fan Club?

July 06, 2005 2:19 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Are you kidding barn? You're like the charter member.

July 06, 2005 2:45 PM  
Blogger Michel said...

Glad to see you're back at it, Jones. Sucks losing all your old stuff, but...

I'm suppressing the urge to throw a Buddhist quote at you about impermanence, and such (considering your death analogy). Ah, what the hell - here 'tis anyway:

This life disappears very quickly
Like something written in water with a stick.


Like I said, though - glad you're back.

Cheers!

July 06, 2005 3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

T-shirts? No one told me there were T-shirts!

July 07, 2005 11:35 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Hey, SOMEBODY has to not be a charter member so that charter members can be charter members!

July 07, 2005 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home