Thursday, September 08, 2005

Friday Random Ten:

The "I can't think of a particularly clever edition" Edition

1. Come on Eileen--Dexy's Midnight Runners (a song that is now forever linked in my mind to Ian McGibboney.)
2. That Was a Crazy Game of Poker--O.A.R. (If songs were places, THIS would be my "happy place)
3. Bizarre Love Triangle--New Order
4. Moonshadow--Cat Stevens
5. Girl's Attractive--Diamond Nights
6. Half the Man--Stone Temple Pilots
7. Bizarre Love Triangle--Frente! (Well now...isn't THAT an interesting random turn of events?)
8. There is a Light that Never Goes Out--Morrissey (God I love this song.)
9. Bloomington--Old 97s
10. I Don't Know--Ellis (if you've never heard Ellis, you're really missing out. She is utterly amazing, and I love her.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

What a great list! I've never heard Ellis before but I like her. Thanks! Ever hear of Rilo Kiley? I'm digging "More Adventurous" by her.

September 09, 2005 7:16 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

I haven't, but I'll definitely look for her! Thanks!

September 09, 2005 8:53 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

you _should_ really look for rilo kiley (that's a them btw) if you haven't, cos they are so great. and btw, about the bizarre love triangle-coincident; is there something you're not telling us? ;)

September 09, 2005 9:54 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

I dunno Jenny....the universe may in fact be trying to send me a message through my mp3 player. Too bad I don't speak their language.

September 09, 2005 10:07 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 09, 2005 12:26 PM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Aaaaaaaaaaaah! Aaaaaaaaaah! Aaaaaaaaaaaah!!! (To be continued...)

September 09, 2005 12:27 PM  
Blogger barn said...

Rilo Kiley are teh awesomes, as the kids say (at least mine does...too much strongbad, probably). And I, too have often thought that the universe may in fact be trying to send me a message through my mp3 player, but my dog says that's nonsense.

September 09, 2005 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home