Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I love a false sense of urgency.

I got this urgent looking envelope in the mail today. Warning me that something was about to expire.



So, I opened it, thinking it was my subscription to Entertainment Weekly or Rolling Stone, or something else that I actually value and want to continue receiving.

Instead I found this:



Alas, my subscription to "Working Mother" magazine is running out. The subscription that I never asked for, never paid for, and really don't qualify for.

Darn.

Those of you who are long-time-listeners-first-time-callers around here may remember that I blogged about the first issue of the magazine that came to my door. I remember thinking that it was probably a mistake, or a promotion, and it would stop soon enough.

But it didn't.

It's been coming every month like clock-work. Much like my period. Which has also come every month like clock-work. Because I HAVE NEVER BEEN PREGNANT. And I like it that way.

I like how the letter informs me that with this special rate, it's like getting "every issue for less than $.89!"

Except, that's like $.89 too much. Considering that I am not a mother of any sort...working, not-working, retired, etc. etc.

They also promise to "keep my needs in mind." Uh huh. Clearly, they are not very good at this.

It's not even that great of a magazine, in my opinion. No movie reviews. No perfume samples. No pictures of Joaquin Phoenix. What's the point?

They can keep their "Lactating at Work?" and "Understanding Bullies" articles to themselves. Thank you very much.

4 Comments:

Blogger barn said...

I could understand if it was "Working Mutha"

September 21, 2005 9:58 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

now THAT is something I'd pay $.89 for.

September 21, 2005 10:05 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Phew!!!!!!!! Told you it wasn't mine!!

September 21, 2005 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It cancels crystals of the flamenco one and obtains was fulled above. You must interest half? I bet that you. If then
transformate you inside in more, we can be able approximately the then things to speak. Esteem the great extremities and I cannot be, Abdul

September 22, 2005 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home