Saturday, March 04, 2006

I'm still alive.

So, I totally tried audioblogging yesterday, but I got a message that the system was down. Ugh.

Anyway, I wanted to audioblog because yesterday was, quite possibly, the greatest day of my life. I don't want to waste precious vacation time typing, but I have a brief interlude of internet access at the lovely Chapman university in Orange, CA.

Things that made yesterday so awesome I can barely stand it:
  • Touching the red carpet at the Kodak Theater. (and keeping a stray carpet fiber as a souvenir)
  • Watching Oscar preparations throughout the day.
  • Holding a real Oscar. (Yes, it's totally heavy.)
  • Meeting real Oscar nominees. (not famous ones, but I don't care. Sound editing is important too.)
  • Being within INCHES of THREE different pairs of Joaquin Phoenix's PANTS. Plus, Brad Pitt's pants, Christian Bales' Batsuit, Natalie Portman's Star Wars dresses, etc. Fabulous. Not reaching out and touching Joaquin's pants took the single most amount of will power I have ever had to muster up. Plus, they were they only costumes NOT behind glass, as if to taunt me.
  • Lebowski Fest '06 Pre-party. This was heaven for me. The Knitting Factory was chock full of people just like me who like the same random ridiculous things. There will be a more detailed post on this when I return home and get my pictures uploaded. The Ferris Bueller secretary was there. She was playing the washboard. It was like magic.

ciao for now. We're off to hunt down locations for the Buffy tv series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home