Thursday, February 09, 2006

Insert Cliche Regarding Laughter and Medicine Here

The weather here sucked tonight, and made the roads horrible to drive on. Do you know WHY the weather here sucked and made the roads horrible to drive on?

Because I had tickets to see Maria Bamford in Minneapolis tonight. And Maria Bamford makes me happy. And when things make me happy, the Universe has a funny way of doing its best to completely screw with that.

And yet, I risked life and limb on icy roadways, and went anyway. Why?

Because I had tickets to see MARIA BAMFORD, dammit. And Maria Bamford makes me happy. And when the Universe tries to thwart that, I have a funny way of blindly ignoring that fact, even when it presents great potential harm to myself.

Driving there sucked so bad, and was so stressful, that I got a gigantic head-ache. To compensate, I kinda sorta overdid it on Excedrin and made myself sick to my stomach.

No matter, though. I had front row seats, and spent an evening a mere 3 feet from Ms. Bamford. She is so brilliant, it's unbelievable. I really feel that she's the most talented female comic touring right now. And she's a native Mid-Westerner. Go figure.

Anyway, I laughed very hard and very long. And that was good. And it was also good to be around other people laughing just as hard. It made me happy.

Suck on THAT, Universe.

3 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

jones - universe 1-0. good job!

February 10, 2006 3:17 AM  
Blogger barn said...

The thought of you throwing bodily injury to the wind in order to see a comic makes the Universe happy. But it would never admit it.

February 10, 2006 3:50 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Wow, Jones, that gave me whiplash!

Seriously, though, I'm happy that she made you happy. I'd have to send her an angry letter otherwise.

February 10, 2006 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home