Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday Random Ten: Technical Difficulties Edition

My computer, which is probably the closest thing I'll ever have to a baby, got sick last weekend. Until it can be repaired, I'm working with a new computer. It's young and eager, but it's not familiar and comfortable. It doesn' t know what I like and what I don't like. But mostly, it doesn't have all of my files on it.

So, my Friday Random Ten has kind of a weak pool to pull from. Just the 500 songs I have on my iPod Nano. It's sad. I know. But we'll get through this together.

1. Poor Company--Sons & Daughters
2. Don't Change--INXS
3. Walk Away--Franz Ferdinand
4. The New Year--Death Cab for Cutie
5. Te Dejo Madrid--Shakira
6. The Monk and the Bug--The Harvey Girls
7. Messed Up in the Heart--My Project: Blue
8. Magnifique (live)--Scissor Sisters
9. We're Not Gonna Take It (live at Southport Hall, New Orleans)--The Molly Ringwalds
10. Snowman--The Clarks

6 Comments:

Blogger Phillip said...

i'm laughing at you, not with you, for listening to shakira :O)

sons and daughters somewhat makes up for it, but then you reiterate your love for death cab... i just don't know.

it's too bad you only have the nano. if you had the big swinging dick 30G video you'd have 7500 tracks from which to choose. mmmmm. too bad.

January 27, 2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Does it help at all that I only listen to the songs she wrote in Spanish? Her lyrics are much more poetic en espanol.

Yes, OK. I'm jealous of you and your 30G video. Are you happy now? I'm jealous of your iPod, I'm jealous of you getting to see Juliana Hatfield tonight.

However, at the end of the day, I'm in Wisconsin and just a hop skip and a jump away from Minneapolis. So there. :p

January 27, 2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger Phillip said...

yeah, i'll lose every one-up argument purely because of geography.

shakira en espanol is less shameful.

January 27, 2006 11:28 AM  
Blogger R said...

Shakira in Spanish is just as trite.

But, yeah, the Spanish makes it sound better than what it really is. ;p

January 27, 2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger R said...

Addendum: I would like to add, still, that Shakira is a smoking hot vixen and I admire her and her music simply for that.

So. Yeah.

January 27, 2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger Phillip said...

she is indeed attractive and the belly dancing is... good.

January 27, 2006 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home