Tuesday, February 07, 2006

2006 is right on track

to be even worse than 2005.

And it's only February.

I can't talk about this too much, because:
a)Confidentiality
b)Minimal details are being released to the public
c)It makes me cry to even think about it

but, a child where I work committed suicide yesterday. I knew him, and I had recently worked with him.

I don't even know what to say about it, other than the fact that what I felt when I found out was singularly the worst feeling I have ever had in my life.

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while....and then when I do, it's THIS. But there it is.

7 Comments:

Blogger Phillip said...

that sucks horribly. how old was the kid?

February 07, 2006 12:19 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

He was 17. The whole thing is a tragedy. I can't think of anything more depressing than someone that young taking their own life.

February 07, 2006 2:42 PM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Please remember that some things are beyond your control. It takes a lot for a person to commit suicide, and it always goes beyond one person or institution. I only hope that things get better from here on out. my condolences.

February 07, 2006 8:47 PM  
Blogger HappyFunBall said...

I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope you are taking care of yourself, and that things get better.

February 07, 2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

i'm so sorry!
like ian pointed out, it's beyond your control. i know how easy it is to do, but please don't blame yourself.
*hugs*

February 08, 2006 3:33 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the thoughts.

February 08, 2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger barn said...

FJ, sorry to hear about your loss. I knew coming into my job that the death of children was part of the package--it's a children's hospital, we see the sickest of the sick. That doesn't make it any easier. A friend once told me, after the death of one of our patients, "if death ever stops bothering you, it's time to find a new job." I'm still working here. Each death is hard. Each little life is precious. Focus on those you can help, remember those you can't.

BB

February 12, 2006 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home