Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Vacation...all I ever wanted.

So, I leave for California in the morning. Bright and early. And I'm still awake now, because I'm not finished with half the things that need finishing yet. And still I procrastinate doing THIS instead of all the other stuff. But I thought it was important to remind everyone that I'm not dead. But I'm close.

Yesterday I got horribly sick. This was not super surprising, as it was sort of my birthday yesterday, and I get sick every year on my birthday. But this is especially bad, because it's a head-cold. I've flown with a cold before, and it was some of the worst pain I've ever felt. Seriously. It was like someone was stabbing me in my sinuses slowly and repeatedly with a serrated steak knife. Or something like that. I remember actually briefly considered calling a flight attendant over, informing her that I was dying and asking her to tell my parents that I loved them. Bad stuff.

But the trip is bought and paid for, and between all of my jobs, I have a very limited window of opportunity in which to make like a Go-Go and "get away." So, I've spent the past two days desperately self-medicating. I'm trying everything. Flamingo Fun Time should not be thwarted. Wish me luck. And wish me non-perforated eardrums upon landing, hopefully.

Anyhow, I'll try to throw some audioblogging at you while I'm out there. Don't throw any wild parties while I'm gone.

3 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

have fun! and good luck :)

March 02, 2006 6:00 AM  
Blogger Michel said...

Happy Flamingo Fun Time!
(And best of luck with the whole sinus/steak knife thing.)

March 02, 2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck. You suck.

I'm so jealous. Can't you tell? If I could have gone to Cali with you, I would let you slam my head with a hammer every time you felt pain in your head. It would totally be worth it.

I eagerly await your audioblogging. Don't leave us hanging!

March 02, 2006 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home