Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Monkeys and Flamingos: Let's just get this over with.

I've been getting an insane number of random visitors to this blog lately. They find themselves here after googling something about monkeys and flamingos. The keyword searches are all along the lines of "why do monkeys hide in flamingos?" or "why do monkeys hide in flamingos legs?"

I have no idea what this means. But at least a dozen people daily are looking for the answer. They come from different countries, and different IP addresses, but they are all in search of the same thing. It's mind boggling.

It just started recently, within the past 2 weeks. Is this some new dirty joke I don't get or something? Does anybody know what's going on here?

It sounds like a dirty joke to me. I mean, I sincerely doubt that this is some sort of scientific question. If a real monkey ran up to a flock of flamingos and tried to hide in their legs, I'm pretty sure they'd fly away.

I don't think monkeys and flamingos even share a habitat, do they?

But now I find myself obsessing over the question, and its cryptic and elusive meaning. And yes, I even find myself googling variations of the question myself. No doubt just adding to the "flamingos and monkeys" googling epidemic. And the fact that I'm writing a post using these keywords isn't going to help matters, I know.

But maybe if one of you random googlers happens to find this, you'll be kind enough to leave me a comment explaining WHY exactly you're googling that phrase. I need answers. It's killing me.

Or maybe someone else can think of a good, and/or funny, answer to the question and post it here.

My friend Amanda and I think the correct answer is "Because monkeys have no sense of self-awareness."

Flamingo legs are really skinny, and monkeys are not. So, it wouldn't make much sense for the monkeys to try to hide behind them. You'd still totally be able to tell there was a monkey there. Duh.

Stupid monkeys.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Bizarre! It has to be something dirty...

April 13, 2006 5:38 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

That's my thinking too. How could something like that NOT be dirty?

April 13, 2006 9:12 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Your blog would make for some interesting Google ads, Jones. I'd buy the products.

April 13, 2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Would you really? I dunno....google ads scare me.

April 13, 2006 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home