Thursday, March 30, 2006

Random Thoughts

Yesterday, I was driving past Wal-Mart, and I saw a group of people handing out fliers in front of the store. I optimistically thought it might be people protesting the store (I blame a lack of sleep for this naive train of thought). So, being the kind of person I am (the kind of person who likes to randomly introduce herself to other like-minded liberal people on the spur of the moment), I pulled into Wal-Mart and parked my car. I said a quick prayer to Russ Feingold to protect my liberal soul as I took a deep breath and walked up to the gaping jaws of the Beast. (And by "gaping jaws," I obviously mean "automatic doors.") I walked up to the nearest dude and said "Hey, what are you guys doing?" I don't think there is a word in the English language to describe the utter lack of shock I felt when he said:

"Hi! We're handing out Bible verses!"

No shit. OF COURSE you are handing out Bible verses outside of the Wal-Mart. Duh.

In other news, this morning marks the second time in as many days that I have been forced to put my defensive driving skills when I've been cut off by the exact same vehicle....the TV-18 News SUV. Now, I'm sure they're in a hurry or what not, but this is the Chippewa Valley, y'all. News does not break that fast here. Take it easy, and quit cutting me off. Otherwise, I will be forced to call the tip line and report a recklessly driven News SUV wreaking havoc all over town.

I finally got paid again, so I picked up the new Yeah Yeah Yeahs disc this morning. It's all good, but when I was driving along and "Phenomena" started up, it was like a religious experience. Seriously. Someone should make a church based on that....but not like Scientology-creepy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Ow, cock-block! Well, hey, maybe they were liberal Bible verses or something. Like the one where you only stone your wife to death for wearing rayon and silk together, instead of burning her.

SUVs, bad drivers and Bible-thumpers, oh my! I would never guess that any of that stuff would happen in Wisconsin. Yikes! I at least hope they're the anomalies there like they aren't here.

March 30, 2006 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home