Monday, March 20, 2006

Is the internet broken or something?

So, all weekend, there's been kind of a dull hush over all things bloggy and internet-y. Or maybe it's just me. I don't know. I went two whole days without more than maybe 2 emails....not even any spam or newsletters or coupons or anything. Myspace has been completely dead. I didn't even get any aNnOyInG, mispelld, bulletin posts from people I don't actually know. It's weird.

It makes me feel like there's something I was supposed to be doing. Like there was some sort of internet party and my invite got lost in the mail. Or there was a boycott nobody told me about. There isn't a boycott nobody told me about, is there? I know about Walmart, and South Dakota....but if there's an internet boycott going on, will someone please break it? ....just to let me know so I can jump on the bandwagon too

11 Comments:

Blogger HappyFunBall said...

It's because of Hawaii. And all the despair therein. Sorry.

March 20, 2006 11:10 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Damn! I was about to write a post on the same thing. Still might. But you captured the mood well. My friend who doesn't even blog had the same issue. She said it was wintertime blues.

I concur, however, that it's the despair in Hawaii. If one despairs there, what chance do any of the rest of us have?

March 20, 2006 8:17 PM  
Blogger Michel said...

Yes, the despair...
(Back of hand to forehead - leaning back for dramatic effect): "Despaaaaairrrr!"

I heard something on TV about "March Madness" - not sure what that is, but maybe that has something to do with it. (?)

*sigh*

(Drop hand to side - eyes stare blankly at the heavens): "Ennui..."

March 21, 2006 1:22 PM  
Blogger barn said...

Hello? Is this thing on?

March 23, 2006 7:22 AM  
Blogger HappyFunBall said...

Has Our Miss Jones succumbed to that pit of despair known as Hawaii? Dammit.

March 23, 2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Sorry guys....I'm still here. I'm just......tired. Very tired.

March 23, 2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

I'm just posting here to see what my new picture looks like.

March 25, 2006 1:07 AM  
Blogger barn said...

Ian looks serious (and like he may need to have his thyroid checked)

Glad to know you're still around, Jones. Resting > Blogging

March 25, 2006 6:31 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Damn, man, my thyroid? What the hell?

March 25, 2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger barn said...

Sorry, Ian, I was just kidding. You have no visible signs of hypo- or hyperthyroidism. You're dashingly photogenic and I use a 45 adapter for my profile pic so I don't scare children (and to make myself feel cooler than I really am because I'm going through some sort of horrible, self-doubting mid-life crisis which, apparently, forces me to make snarky comments on blogs).

March 25, 2006 3:06 PM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Actually, I thought that was pretty funny! And yes, I have several 45 adapters at home myself. They are almost as photogenic as yours.

Come back, Flamingo! We miss you!

March 25, 2006 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home