Sunday, May 21, 2006

My odd thought for the night:

When is Dippin' Dots going to stop being "The Ice Cream of the Future®," and start just being "The Ice Cream®"?

Dippin' Dots has been around since 1987. Welcome to the future, folks.

Isn't it about time that they made good on their promise?

In order to find out the date that Dippin' Dots started, I went to their website. There, I was forced to read how Dippin' Dots are made. This kind of made me queasy, because they keep talking about how the ice cream beads are "cryogenically frozen." That makes me think about Walt Disney's frozen corpse, which severely reduces any interest I had in ice cream of any kind. (Except maybe these. I LOVE them, even when I think about Frozen Walt Disney. Or maybe especially when I think about Frozen Walt Disney.)

The website also compares the advent of the Dippin' Dots to the invention of the microwave oven.

Hmm. Microwave ovens allowed people to cook food more quickly and efficiently. Dippin' Dots required a trip to the mall or amusement park in order to get an ice cream fix. I don't quite see how the two are comparable. But, whatever. The Dippin' Dots girls at our mall give out free samples, so I won't complain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Miley said...

So, if they're cryrogenically frozen, doesn't that mean it's the ice cream of the past?

May 22, 2006 6:58 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

oooooh! good point. the next time I'm at the mall, I'm telling the Dippin' Dots girls that they're liars.

May 22, 2006 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home