Thursday, July 28, 2005

Random Act of Blindness

In spite of the fact that I didn't have to be to work until 6pm tonight, I was running late, due to excessive napping on my part earlier in the day. I grabbed a shower, changed clothes and rushed out of the house...hair still quite wet. I had to stop at a local gas station for snack food and pop, as I had also forgotten to eat during the day. (It was one of those days.)

As I was checking out, the elderly man behind the counter smiled at me and said "My! that hairstyle really suits you, young lady!"

Now, if I was British, or could reasonably fake a convincing accent, I would have asked him if he was taking the piss.

After all, the hairstyle to which he was referring consisted of only half-dry hair, about 4 weeks past due for a haircut, being held out of my face solely by the pair of sunglasses perched atop my head. Not really the stuff dreams are made of.

But he seemed sincere. Which is weird. Maybe his eyesight isn't very good.....he was kind of old.

Or maybe he could just tell that I was having a really, really bad day.

Either way. It was sort of nice. So, a big thank you goes out to the strangely sincere elderly gentleman with poor eyesight. Because he rocks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

No message from Faith. Fill me in.

July 29, 2005 8:03 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

"I had to stop at a local gas station for snack food and pop."

I should mercilessly taunt you for that one. But I can't help loving the word "pop."

Anyway, Flamingo, wet hair is sexy. Didn't you get the memo? Not that it matters; if your hair was wet, your cult status automatically makes that cool. Hell, if nothing else you got the affections of the main behind the convenience-store counter. He knows where all the GOOD candy bars are. ;)

July 29, 2005 3:04 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Ian, you're sweet. Since I have cult status, does that mean you're in the cult too? Cuz that would be awesome.

Jen, I'm trying....but all I get is "This profile is undergoing routine maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience!" Figures. I blame the badgers.

July 29, 2005 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home