Saturday, July 30, 2005

Saturday Stream of consciousness*

I frequently have really random and bizarre thought processes that go on inside my head. Of course, to me, "random and bizarre" = "highly entertaining." So, for lack of anything better to post, I'm offering you all a rare glimpse directly into one such thought process. The following occurred earlier in the day, as I sipped an iced chai tea, wasting time before work. Every detail was painstakingly jotted down, by me, as soon as each thought popped into my head.

So, without further adieu, welcome to my brain. Be forewarned...it can get nasty in there. I hope you brought trail mix and some moist towelettes.
This tea is good.

It tastes like something. It tastes like something I know already. Something familiar....but I don't know what.

I bet if I can figure that out, more things would make sense....if I can figure out that one piece of the Universe's infinite puzzle, I'll be in better shape.

Fuck it. I can totally do this. THINK.

Peppery Milkshake?
Sort of, but I don't think that's it. I've never tasted a peppery milkshake before, so that can't really be a familiar taste, can it?

Wait...does it maybe taste like some kind of air freshener smells? Possibly....but I'm not sure.

Ooh! It might be gingerbread. The cake, not the cookies.

Yup. That's totally it. If gingerbread cake were an ice-cold liquid instead of taking on cake-form, it would taste exactly like this.

Whew! I'm glad I figured that out. That would have bothered me all night.

Now, I'll just kick back and let the rest of the Universe's mysteries unfold before me. That should be fun.

Dammit. Now I'm hungry for gingerbread.
aaaand scene!

Now I bet you're all sorry you've been bugging me to post more often, aren't you?

*Typing this title made me laugh, because I remembered the time in college when I was trying to help this really dumb guy study for our Arts & Ideas test on James Joyce's Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
I mentioned something about "Stream of consciousness" and the guy looks at me, in all seriousness, and says "Now, that stream is located in Europe, right?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

I see that laughing hard made you misspell your title. Oops! :P

As for your dumb student, I hear that. Our cross-country coach once stumped a blonde on our team for days with, "If pro is the opposite of con, then is Congress the opposite of progress?"

July 30, 2005 1:25 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

I blame haste, exhaustion, and a faulty spell-checker, personally.

July 30, 2005 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home