Saturday, July 30, 2005

Today's shameless excuse to break out the umlauts...

So, I'm über-psyched to see the movie "The Aristocrats." It opened to a limited market yesterday, but I have to wait 2 weeks until it opens within reasonable driving distance of me.

But, in my anticipation of the film, I've been talking it up to some like-minded individuals, many of whom did not know the movie existed.

For those of you who may not be aware of the movie either, it's a documentary about this one particular joke that has the reputation of being the most obscene and vulgar joke in the world. It's mainly used by comedians for comedians, and rarely is told in front of a general audience. Aside from the basic premise of the joke: "A family walks into a talent agent's office...." and the punchline: "What do you call your act? The Aristocrats!," the joke is entirely improvised, with the middle of the joke consisting of as many disgusting, vulgar and unthinkable acts as possible.

So, there are as many variations to the joke as there are comics and obscene acts of perversion. Like I said before, I'm über-psyched.

Unfortunately, lately when I've been mentioning it to people, I keep calling the movie "The Aristocats." Two very different films, I must say. I've had to correct myself on that at least half a dozen times now. I'm afraid people are going to start thinking I'm really weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

I was thinking more of mad props, but I guess über-credit works too.

August 01, 2005 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home