Friday, September 30, 2005

Freshwater Collins: CD Release Party (insert interview here)

Freshwater Collins is a great band out of Milwaukee, WI. I've seen them 3 times now, and I continue to be impressed with them. The first time I saw them, they won me over with their ability to play both Johnny Cash and Bob Marley in the same set, and do them both justice. And there are few bands that can satisfy my dual desires for hard-core rocking, and chilling at the same time. When they take the stage, there is much kicking of the proverbial ass. For sure.

But every time I see them, the crowd is pretty weak. Which is unfair, because they're really one of the best bands I've seen come through here. So, I've decided to adopt them, and promote them like there's no tomorrow.

I thought that a great way to start would be an audioblogger interview with the lead singer. Of course, I wasn't counting on the fact that I can really be an idiot sometimes.

Here's the end result:

this is an audio post - click to play


So, I really am sorry Chris. You did a great interview. But I'm not so good with phones. Grrr.

You can check them out on MySpace and hear some of their stuff. They also have a website here.

Everyone who reads this seriously needs to check them out. And then tell a friend. Or eight.

If you don't, I will hunt you down.

And you know I'm not joking. I'm crazy like that.

4 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

i like your laughter :)

September 30, 2005 5:12 AM  
Blogger barn said...

Buttons ARE NOT toys!

Thanks for making me smile when I'm being all morose and all.

September 30, 2005 7:39 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

thanks, guys! I'm glad my being an idiot has an upside. I can't ask for more than that.

September 30, 2005 8:49 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

If it makes you feel better, I once interviewed a bunch of people over the course of an afternoon for an event, only to tape over the entire thing the next night because a council meeting went on too long. I had bungled the event enough while I was there, and the guy was almost visibly mad that I had to interview him again. Ah, life.

September 30, 2005 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home