Monday, October 03, 2005

I see a pattern emerging....

We have our next Supreme Court nominee.

This morning, Bush announced Harriet Miers as his choice to replace Sandra Day O’Conner on the Bench.

So, he DID choose a woman to replace O’Conner. The second time around. But I’m sure you’ll all forgive me if my ovaries don’t start aching with feminist pride just yet.

I don’t trust Bush administration women all that much. And this one probably won’t change my opinion any.

[Andrew] Card, in a 2003 interview with the publication Texas Lawyer, said Bush’s affinity for Miers is clear in the frequent invitations she receives to visit the presidential retreat at Camp David, “a privilege that is not enjoyed by a lot of staff.”

“She’s a quiet, highly respected force and someone who is seen as not having any agenda other than the president’s,” he said.

Intensely loyal, Miers is happy to stay off the radar screen as long as her boss is happy…

Actually, this announcement gave me a pretty good laugh this morning.

“Miers, who has never been a judge, has been leading the White House effort to help Bush choose nominees to the Supreme Court.”

So, the person in charge of the search found…..a mirror.

Sound familiar?

July 25, 2000: “Cheney, who has spent the past several weeks conducting Bush’s search for a running mate, emerged as the front-runner for the position late Friday.”

Must be nice!

Mr. President, you’ve put me in charge of finding the most qualified person for this position. And I have succeeded. I’m pretty sure it’s me. And being the ethical, scrupulous Republican that I am, you can trust me when I say that I have exhausted all other avenues. I’m the only one for the job! Go me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Jeez, I hate her already.

October 03, 2005 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home