Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Quote of the day

If I had an award to give out for dumbest quote of the day, today's award would go to CIA chief Porter Goss:

Al Qaeda leaders bin Laden and al-Zarqawi haven't been found "primarily because they don't want us to find them and they're going to great lengths to make sure we don't find them," Goss said in the interview broadcast Tuesday on ABC's "Good Morning America."
But I suppose we're really good at finding the international terrorists that WANT to get caught. That's a relief.

Goss is a double-winner this morning as he also picks up a Fictional Flamingo Award for Coining Flamingo's Favorite New Unintentional Euphemism:

"We're doing quite well. Inevitably, we're going to have to capture some terrorists and inevitably they're going to have to have some due process."
I've seen the photos...I know they're just itching to due process the hell out of 'em!

And to use my new favorite euphemism in a sentence:

"That hockey game last night was awesome! They really opened up a can of due process on the other team! I hear that center is in the hospital with a concussion."

4 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

*laugh*
the i in cia is for intelligence, the information, and not intelligence, the quality, right? :)

November 29, 2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Jenny, there is no "I" in "CIA!" Oh, wait, yes there is. Well, there's no "I" in "due process!" Now get out there and win one for the Gosser!

November 29, 2005 11:37 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

If someone made a "There's No "I" in Due Process" t-shirt, I'd wear it.

November 29, 2005 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harold Pinter, true intelligence.
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/120805M.shtml

December 10, 2005 5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home