Saturday, November 26, 2005

An Open Letter to the Old 97’s

Dear Rhett, Murry, Ken and Philip:

I don’t know if you know this or not, but…….You are like crack.

Except, you’re like crack that is good for you. Like, if crack was infused with Vitamin C or something. Or if oranges were really, really addictive.

I never forget that I love you. But some days, I just get an itch for Old 97’s that is almost impossible to scratch to any satisfaction. Today is one of those days. One of your songs showed up on my random playlist, and once I got started like that, I couldn’t stop myself. I am weak.

I need Live Old 97’s, and I need it bad. I’ve now watched my Old 97’s Live dvd twice today. And I’m currently listening to your new performance cd Alive and Wired for the second time too. But it’s not enough, I’m afraid. I need a show. I looked at your tour dates, and the lack of ANY upcoming shows left me feeling all twitchy and anxious. Withdrawal is a bitch.

Please play a show near me again. Please. When you came to our smallish city, it was probably the coolest thing that has happened to anyone here. Come back please. I need to scream and jump and dance the way one can only scream, jump and dance at your shows.

Don’t get me wrong….spending the day jumping around my house playing air-guitar was good too…..but it’s not quite the same.

Sincerely,

Flamingo

5 Comments:

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

If I were in a band and I got this letter, I'd be playing your prom in no time. AND I'd make sure Davy Jones played with us!

November 26, 2005 7:56 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 26, 2005 7:59 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Yeah....except I'm 25 and should probably be doing more productive things with a Saturday off work. Or not.

November 26, 2005 8:09 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

of course you shouldn't! it's part of your appeal :)

November 27, 2005 5:02 AM  
Blogger R said...

25 is the epitome of non-productiveness.

'sides, you've got plenty of time to be "productive" when you're older. Now is the time to LIVE!

November 28, 2005 6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home