Friday, December 23, 2005

Friday Random Ten:

The "You Can Actually Listen To This" Edition.

this is an audio post - click to play

That's right....thanks to the magic of modern technology (that I have JUST figured out), you can hear my playlist too! Good times. Nearly 40 minutes of musical Flamingo fun. Lucky you! Merry Christmas.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should say that I pre-recorded this yesterday. But random is random, right? It's just that I had an unofficial work "Christmas party" last night, and I had a feeling I would be too tired to bother with it, if it waited til today. And I was right. (I saw 5 knock-down, drag-out fights last night....and I wasn't even at work! AND I sang the Rainbow Connection at a karaoke bar, and tried to sound like Kermit the Frog. AND I had the best pizza EVER.)

1. Sleeping In--The Postal Service
2. The Trumpet--Sing Along with JFK
3. Every State Line--Ani Difranco
4. Let Go--Frou Frou
5. Pop--Mitch Hedberg
6. Fear of Flying--Viva Voce
7. Creeps (You Are Giving Me)--Freaks
8. Girl's Attractive--Diamond Nights
9. Plans--Bloc Party
10. Wish the Worst--Old 97's

Additional:
I just saw the picture of Johnny Damon post-"shave and a haircut".....and, um....is it just me, or does he kind of look like a woman now? Which is odd. Long hair Johnny=masculine. Short hair Johnny= less than masculine. Weird.

Before:

Testosterone City


After:

Sex and the City


Oh yeah...Happy Festivus too. That's today, you know. So, get your Festivus pole out (that sounds dirty, huh?). Start stretching for the Feats of Strength, and settle in for the Airing of Grievances. Hell yeah. A Festivus for the Rest of Us.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Damon doesn't look like a woman, but he does look like the latest global citizen of "As the World Turns." Perhaps playing a man named "Kent."

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I think he looked like a Chia Pet before, even if I am opposed to mandatory grooming in principle. But then, I'm a guy, and I'm programmed not to like body hair. So that's probably it. Also, that I'm not exactly hirsute myself :)

December 23, 2005 2:58 PM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Yes, he does look a little girlish. But that's OK, cuz that new team he's on is nothing but a bunch of little girls.

December 23, 2005 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say he looks like a girl... I'd say he looks like a drag queen... there's a subtle difference.

And, frankly, I'd rather watch a drag show than a baseball game so I'm all for his new look.

December 23, 2005 6:30 PM  
Blogger Phillip said...

and the old 97's made the random list again... do you like them or something? have you listened to the new imogen heap record? she's the singer from frou frou.

December 24, 2005 9:37 AM  
Blogger Phillip said...

also, i think the soundtrac to "garden state" made the movie. it would have been decent anyway, but much better thanks to the tunes.

December 24, 2005 9:51 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Yeah, I should clear something up...I never thought Damon was the hottie that everybody else thought he was. But I think he's even less of a hottie now. Which is fine, because thanks to his new pin-stripes, I am required by law to hate him.

And as for the Old 97's...it's not that surprising that they show up all the time. The number of Old 97's tracks on my computer is mind boggling.

And yes, I love the Imogen Heap album. Fantastico.

December 24, 2005 10:08 AM  
Anonymous Funny Shirt Guy said...

Johnny Damon is such a tool.

While I am not a BoSox fan, Damon was one of my favorite big leaguers until he totally sold out to the Evil Empire.

April 29, 2010 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home