Wednesday, December 21, 2005

An Open Letter to NYC.

Dear New York City,

I am very sorry.

I have heard about your Transit strike problems. I feel bad about it, because I'm pretty sure it might all be my fault.

Let me explain:

A few weeks ago, I had this thought that it is insane that I am 25 years old (nearing 26) and have never visited your fair city. I've been all over the rest of the country, so I'm not sure how I over-looked you guys. But it seemed wrong, so I set out to correct that. That's when I made the big mistake.

I started planning a trip to NYC for sometime soon in the new year....maybe for my birthday.

Oops.

The universe doesn't like it when I do stuff like that.

Earlier this fall, I had been considering a winter vacation to Isla Mujeres, off the coast of Cancun. The result: Hurricane. I had also planned a return trip to New Orleans: Hurricane. And now this. I started considering the trip only recently...too late for hurricane season. So the universe has obviously had to get creative this time around.

So, good luck sorting the whole thing out. But you might not want to do it too quickly...otherwise the universe will have to throw something else at you. I'm thinking freak ice-storm, bird flu, sewer back-up....something awful, for sure.

Sorry again. My bad. I have been a very naughty bird this year.

Sincerely,
Flamingo

3 Comments:

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

That's why I'm staying in Lafayette for the time being; if any place deserves the bad luck I bring with me...:O

December 22, 2005 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! We should coordinate. I have friends who live in the City and I've never visited. (In my defense, they've only been there since July.)

December 23, 2005 6:38 PM  
Blogger Phillip said...

ian that was such a philliptical statement. well-crafted.

December 24, 2005 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home