Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's hard to be coherent right now. Sue me.

I'm just home from work. I picked up an extra shift tonight, with delinquents. But tonight, I went back and worked with girls instead...on the same Unit I worked for 3 years in college. Flashbacks were abundant. Different kids, but everything else about it was the same.

My head is pounding, and I'm exhausted. I have forgotten how damn hard it is to work with teen girls. Jesus H. Christ, is it hard. Boys are so much simpler.

And, as long as I'm talking about work anyway...if anyone ever wonders why I talk so much about this particular job, you can get a hold of this obscure book. It was written by a guy who used to work at the same place, back when my father did. He does a good job of trying to explain how much this particular job gets under your skin. One of the characters is actually based on my father, too. Which is cool.

And on the subject of books....has anyone read Cloud Atlas? I've had the damn thing for months, but I just can't sit down and read it. It's supposed to be really good, but I can't get past the first 5 pages. Am I missing something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home