Wednesday, April 19, 2006

There goes the neighborhood.

Well, the Neo-Cons and the pseudo-Christian Right finally have their way.

We're officially back in the dark ages.

How do I know this?

Because I read the following sentence in a real news story today:
LOS ANGELES - A woman is in stable condition with bubonic plague.
Yes. Bubonic plague.

I think I may have actually written that exact sentence once. Maybe in middle school, when history teachers look for new and exciting ways to make you remember things you'd rather forget. Sometimes we had to write newspaper articles about historical events, as if we were actually there witnessing it.

"A woman is in stable condition with bubonic plague" totally sounds like something I would have written.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte said...

What perfect timing for last night's episode of House!

And thanks for the new Coke review. I was tempted to buy it last night.

P.S. I am sincerely sorry for the little mistake... I think it was the baseball addiction. I have such a strong personal aversion to baseball that I assume anyone who enjoys it must be physically built differently than I am. Whoops!

April 19, 2006 9:34 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

It's totally OK. When I put any of my writing into that Gender Predictor thingy, it always guesses that I'm a dude.

And my baseball addiction freaks a LOT of people out. I'm used to it :)

April 19, 2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

I'm not sure what went on between you two, but I'm laughing my ass off about it! In any case, Flamingo is definitely a cool...woman.

As for the bubonic plague...I'm not calling for an outbreak of that or anything else (indeed, BP is cured by readily available antibiotics). But you have to admit that it would be rich seeing Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell react to it the same way that people reacted to it in the Dark Ages.

April 20, 2006 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home