Monday, May 22, 2006

I missed the memo.

Apparently Prince is sexy.

I did not know this.

Everywhere I turn today, people are talking about the PETA Sexiest Vegetarians poll...I heard about it on the radio, on the news, and on more blogs than I can count.

Prince is a genius, for sure. Iconic, absolutely. But I'm not attracted to him. At all. He's like 4 feet tall and slightly unbalanced. He's like a talented Tom Cruise. Not my thing.



So, I'm kind of baffled that voters picked him as the Sexiest vegetarian dude.

Especially when THESE guys were in the running:



I'm not sure what people were thinking. I think this poll was probably even more rigged than American Idol and the NBA combined.

I'm kind of glad that I stopped eating meat* BEFORE this poll came out, otherwise everyone would think that I decided to stop eating meat because of Joaquin Phoenix. I admit though that it's a lot easier to not eat meat if I imagine the disappointed way Joaquin and Mos Def would look at me if I did.

*I must confess that I gave myself a few exceptions to this rule, including Metrodome hot dogs, and things my mom cooks and insists that I try. Because trust me, it's a lot easier to set aside my new ethos than it is to argue with my mother.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Boy George once described Prince as "a vat who fell in a vat of pubic hair." I'm a fan of Prince as well, but his looks and personality in no way scream "sex symbol!" I think he gets away with that moniker because of his mystique and individuality. Whether or not they like to admit it, people generally prefer the less-attractive person with talent than the attractive person with no evident traits.

On a slightly different note, Fred Armisen absolutely rules as Prince. If Fred were a vegetarian, I'd be pissed not to see him on that list. He makes me almost wish I were gay.

May 22, 2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Sorry...that's "A DWARF who fell in a vat of pubic hair." I'm just getting over being sick.

May 22, 2006 11:13 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

I agree, Fred Armisen makes a better Prince than Prince does.

Hope you feel better.

May 23, 2006 6:54 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Prince is almost creepier than Michael Jackson.

When I was in 7th grade, my middle school gave us students an opportunity to vote on the color scheme to paint the school. They allowed every student to vote, despite the fact that the 8th graders would not be returning the next year and, thus, would not have to live with their choices. They conspired, as a 1/3 of the school, to vote for the pink on pink scheme. Our neighboring schools called us the Pink Flamingos (our mascot was a Seminole) (does the plural of flamingo have an 'e' like potatoes?) for years. They only repainted the school (taupe) last year.

My point: Maybe a majority of the voters in the Sexy Veg contest intentionally chose the most ridiculous candidate... Seems the only rational explanation I can come up with.

May 24, 2006 4:30 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

CMB...just so you know, I'd have killed to go to a school painted pink, where they called us the Pink Flamingos. That would be AWESOME. It'd beat our Halloween-y orange and black color scheme.

May 24, 2006 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home