Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Fun with Screen Captures!

So, I totally meant to post this earlier today (er...yesterday?), but didn't.

Sometimes I notice things about what I'm looking at on my computer screen that are so funny and/or poignant that I have to screencap them for posterity. Yesterday was like a jackpot:



Bush's strategy for fighting the Bird Flu is top secret...but sources report that it may involve brightly colored baby chicks. Perhaps as a diversionary tactic. Who knows. Stranger things have happened.


I got this next one from the 43 Things website. Someone had "Join Teach for America" as a goal. So I put my $.02 in:


Click to enlarge, for the full effect.

This screencap pretty much sums up my life from 2003 to 2004: "Join Teach For America. You've Done This. Not Worth It."

Indeed.



And finally, this lovely ad showed up on my Myspace page:



That's right folks. Condi 2008. Vote NOW! Vote early, vote often! You think elections are stolen overnight? Get crackin' people!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

1) The irony of this is further enhanced by the racial and age demographic of the kid in the picture. "George Bush doesn't care about black kids!"

2) That comment rules! So subversive and so perfect. I have done such things in verbal company. Always an ice-breaker.

3) If Condi's face appears again on your MySpace, try telling everyone it's SomeoneElse'sSpace. Trust me, you don't want that association.

November 02, 2005 12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

this isn't an attempt to spam your blog, simply an invitation to visit Persistence of Vision: an online community for political discussion.

Open access, no passwords, no registration. People of all political persuasions welcome: robust and courteous debate encouraged.

Thankyou.

http://members.boardhost.com/DT3rd/index.html

November 02, 2005 6:17 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Any discussion board that opens up with a quote about NASA scientists weighing down the moon (so that our days are more accurate) seems a little questionable. Hey, at least it's open!

See the light!

November 02, 2005 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home