Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Make way for ducklings

Say hello to the newest members of my family:


I have ten baby Swedish Blue ducklings now. They're pretty adorable. When they get a little older, they're going to live on a relative's farm. But, while they're still tiny, fluffy and sweet, they're staying with me.

They were hatched yesterday, and spent several hours in a mail truck before making their way here, but that didn't do a thing to lessen their ducky instincts. After they all took turns trying to paddle around their food/water dish, I took them outside for their very first group swim. In a cake pan. It was grand fun. Then, tonight, I made them watch Lost with me from their cage. It's hard to translate their "beep beep beep"s, but I think they liked it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agggggh. The cuteness! :) Thanks for this, it made me smile at work this a.m. when I really needed it.

May 25, 2006 8:09 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

I KNOW! I find myself looking at them and giggling for no reason sometimes.

May 25, 2006 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved that book

May 27, 2006 11:48 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Me too! I liked Blueberries for Sal too, but not as much. I like ducks.

May 28, 2006 7:47 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Oh my god I want a duckling.

June 02, 2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

they ARE pretty cute. They're huge now, though. All they do is eat and puddle around in water, so I guess that makes them grow FAST. They've like quadrupled in size.

June 03, 2006 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home