Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The world according to ducks

I'm sad because my baby ducklings are getting bigger, and therefore will be leaving me soon. They're ginormous now, and we're practicing their independent living skills by letting them roam free in the lawn all day. It's fun to just sit out on the deck and watch them. You can learn a lot from a duck. Here are just some of the life-lessons I've learned from my babies:
  • If you want to be somewhere other than where you are, run full-speed 'til you get there. Then you can take a nap.
  • Just because you were born a duck, that doesn't mean you like to swim. (One of my ducks is scared to be in the water, in spite of otherwise acting very duck-y. We've named her "Sarah.")
  • Stick close to your family. If, for some reason, you get separated, beep loudly until someone comes to find you.
  • Pre-packaged food is WAY better than eating bugs.
  • Don't travel more than 20 feet unless there is adequate adult supervision.
  • Mud is fun.
I'm going to miss them when they go :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home