Sunday, June 04, 2006

Text Messages from Above

On my cell phone, when I get a new text-message, it shows me the message before it shows who sent it. This can be kind of annoying, but it is what it is.

Tonight while I was at work I received the following message:

boys get better

My first thought was that it was a message sent to inspire me not to give up on the male gender completely. To remind me that there is hope for the chromosomally-challeneged unfairer sex after all.

Boys get better.

It was kind of nice. Simple. I briefly considered making it my new mantra.

But, then I saw that it was just a message from a drunken co-worker, wanting to know if the boys we work with had somehow miraculously stopped being assholes since he finished his shift. He was apparently too impaired to find the question mark.

So much for inspiration.

2 Comments:

Blogger roxtar said...

"In vino veritas"

Your inebriated friend came very close to my standard, one size fits all, soothing bromide for all occasions when things are bad:

"Things get better."

Because, y'know, they usually do.

June 05, 2006 1:45 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

We'll see, y'all. We'll see.

June 06, 2006 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home