Monday, October 17, 2005

Flamingojones Trivial

I worked overnight again. I came home and slept for about 3 hours, and I'm about to leave for another job in a few minutes. But I wanted to post something.

I was going to post something about the gruesome suicide of SNL alum Charles Rocket. (Seriously, how hard-core do you have to be to slit your own throat?!? I mean, it's HARD to slit a throat. Not that I would know from personal experience. I just read it in a book one time.) But I'm afraid pretty soon I'm going to have to change the title to The Bad News Blog.

But then I was glancing at the blog stats, and I saw that someone had used the Blogger search engine to search for "Flamingojones trivial." I don't know what that means exactly...but it reminded me of the true spirit of Blog-mas. At least around here. Which is trivial, pointless, mindless blogging about things that have no bearing on anything in particular but are unexplainably entertaining (or entertainingly unexplainable) anyway.

Unfortunately, I have none of those things.

So, let's talk about my Halloween costume instead. Now, I work on Halloween Night proper...and I have to dress up with the boys for our Harry Potter theme (which WILL win first place, because I am in charge of it), so I think I'm going to be Emma Thompson's character Trelawney the psychic, from Prisoner of Azkaban.

BUT, my alma mater's Homecoming is Halloween weekend, so I can dress up for that too. And I can't decide what to be. Possibilities:
  • Music Pirate--pirate hat, eye patch, sword, general pirate garb, but with a sash made of CD-Rs, and my iPod.
  • (and speaking of iPods) an iPod silhouette--all black clothes, black face paint, black wig, black sunglasses, iPod
  • Flamingo--pink clothes, maybe a tutu, pink wig, lots of feathers, some sort of beak, I guess. Surprisingly, I've never been this before. But my neighbor in Louisiana was, when she was inspired by my inexplicable obsession.
  • Something else cool. But I don't know what.
What are your thoughts?

In other trivial news, Friday night I went to see Last Comic Standing great (and Minnesota native) Dave Mordal. The opening act was a hilarious and highly unique female comic named Mary Mack. You should keep an eye out for her. She'll be big someday, I hope. Or maybe I hope she just stays medium sized...so I have more opportunities to see her.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Wow! What makes Rocket's suicide all the more bizarre was that I watched Dumb and Dumber not too long ago, and when you told about his death, I was listening to "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" (which is in the movie), a song I hadn't heard in forever. Poor guy. He wasn't THAT bad.

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but one year I went to my ex-girlfriend's party (she was married by then) dressed as HER. I made a mask of her face from a photograph and wore some cutoffs. A friend said, "That makes you look like a girl." Well, yeah. Just being creative, you know? And no, I didn't wear it the whole time. That would have been creepy. :)

October 17, 2005 1:00 PM  
Blogger HappyFunBall said...

Here's what I think: You should just sell your whatever you don't want to travel with stuff, pack your bags and move in next to me. I do have more ideas, but I'm on Ennuitis-Shit-For-Brains Syndrome overload, (something you suffer from, too, apparently) and can't remember my name.

Once I do, I'll shoot you an e-mail. If I can remember what that is ...

October 18, 2005 8:45 AM  
Blogger HappyFunBall said...

Oh, yeah, and I'm planning on being Arthur Dent for Halloween. I'll wake up, put on my bathrobe, and go to school. Woot.

October 18, 2005 8:47 AM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Hey, if I don't move in next to you before Halloween, can I be Arthur Dent too?

October 18, 2005 9:54 AM  
Blogger HappyFunBall said...

Fiiiiine. But you have to bring the beer to the coffee klatch.

October 18, 2005 4:02 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

OK. But can I bring vodka too?

I'm so demanding. I know.

October 18, 2005 4:25 PM  
Blogger barn said...

The trivial thing...remember that time in December of last year when you posted all the trivia questions and we answered them in the comments? That's probably what they were looking for. It wasn't me, BTW, but I was thinking about that post a few days ago for some reason.

And speaking of weird thing from stats, any ideas on why someone called "the wondering webwhore" has a link to my blog on her site (I'm in the "modest clothes" section)??

October 18, 2005 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home