Sunday, October 16, 2005

I hate the news. I hate the world.

This is a lovely way to greet the day on this lovely Sunday morning.

We've made the national news again.
OSSEO, Wisconsin (AP) -- A bus carrying 60 high school students home from a band competition collided with a semi truck early Sunday, killing at least five people, officials said.

"The coroner is still on the scene," said Brent Pickard, a spokesman for the state transportation agency in Eau Claire.

The students from Chippewa Falls High School had been at a competition at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. The crash happened shortly after 2 a.m. on Interstate 94, west of Osseo in the west-central part of the state, he said.

This is the school district I work for. This is so awful, I'm in no emotional state to even think about the ramifications. My cousin is in that band. No one has heard anything. But I'm just going to assume that she was in one of the other buses.

Those goddamn semi trucks are getting ridiculously dangerous on the roads. They scare the hell out of me on a regular basis. Things like this hardly ever happened before Reagan deregulated the trucking industry.

I hate Republicans. That's random, I know. But I've spent my whole life trying not to hate anyone. They've now officially fucked that up for me. I hate them and I hold them personally responsible for making the world the way it is. Which is complete shit by now.

3 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

i'm so sorry jones. i just hope the hate doesn't consume you. we need you.

October 16, 2005 11:41 AM  
Blogger Phillip said...

hmm, i agree. surprise!

October 16, 2005 4:21 PM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Reagan is going to get slapped by at least six people today. Count on it.

October 16, 2005 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home