Saturday, October 08, 2005

Why I hate the game of Life.

(I hate the game of life both literally and metaphorically....but for the sake of posting expediency, in this case I'm only referring to the literal board game.)

At work, sometimes we play board games with the delinquents. One of their favorites is Simpsons Life. Which is fine. Except that I hate that fucking game.

I hate the game because I suck at it. Repeatedly. This probably says something about me on some metaphorical level as well....but I refuse to think about that.

I also get resentful at having to pick up a blue peg husband along the way, who really contributes nothing to the relationship. Not to mention how pissed off I get when I'm saddled down with those little baby pegs in the backseat. They also contribute nothing to my Life other than an increased cost for home insurance.

Depending on the kids I'm playing against, sometimes I can get away with convincing them that it's kosher by Life rules for me to sell my peg babies for $25,000 each on the Springfield black market. Kids are gullible. And lazy. They don't want to read the rules for themselves.

4 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

it's their own fault, right? you're mean. ;) in a good way!

October 08, 2005 3:08 PM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

I once had a Simpsons "Mystery of Life" board game. But it was completely different.

And yeah, the game of Life is popular because it reinforces the George Carlin view of life itself: "One winner, a whole lotta losers."

October 08, 2005 4:19 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

Today I made my peg husband ride in the backseat of the ugly plastic station-wagon. I told the kids that if I had to cart his broke ass around like a taxi service, he might as well sit in the back.

I also tried to auction him off to the highest bidder, but none of the boys were interested. So, then he "accidentally" fell out of the car as we "drove" over a bridge.

Oops.

October 08, 2005 10:41 PM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Wobbleboard, you can
Get in line with the other
Smug people I know

October 21, 2005 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home