Sunday, January 01, 2006

Good riddance

to bad rubbish.

I know that today I will relish writing 2006 on EVERYTHING.

2005 sucked, huh? This has been a rotten year, all around. In many respects, this has been the worst year of my life. And that's saying a lot, considering it's up against 3rd grade with Mrs. Klingbeil, 9/11, and Teach for America. Yeah, 2005 blew big-time.

I had started making a list of the things I liked about 2005, but it basically turned into a list of cds and movies. I might post that later. Or not. I work 12 hours today.

I switched my cell phone's ringer to Death Cab's "The New Year" late last night.
So this is the New Year. And I don't feel any different.
That's about right. I have a hard time really expecting a lot for 2006. Call me cynical, but I just don't see how anything can change enough to make up for the Grand Suckfest that was 2005, and actually make 2006 GOOD. And it just seems silly to celebrate my hope that "2006 doesn't suck quite as bad. woo hoo!"

So, instead, I will wish everyone a Happy Sunday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Phillip said...

happy sabbath (i refer only to the ozzie-osbourne band, nothing related to church doctrine)

January 01, 2006 8:15 AM  
Blogger barn said...

I'll go out on a limb and say Happy January. So, Happy January!

January 01, 2006 11:53 AM  
Blogger Michel said...

Yes, 2005 did seem like a Grand Suckfest - I'm with you on that.

At the risk of sounding like a wide-eyed optimist (which more than often, I am not) I am looking foreward to a great year in 2006. Hey, we've only had one murder in Toronto so far this year, so we're off to a...good...

...

...aww...shit!

Okay, maybe 2006 won't such as much as 2005 did - how 'bout that? Optimistic, yet still somewhat bitter and cynical.

Anyway, cheers to you Jones (and your bloggin friends)! You kept me laughing and thinking throughout 2005 (I think I posted a similar sentiment on Ian's blog - please don't consider the repetition to be anything but my lack of creativity - the words may be unoriginal, but the thought is sincere) - thanks.

January 02, 2006 3:07 AM  
Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

2005 BLLLLLLLLLEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Meeting Flamingo Jones was one of the only things that saved this year. Thank you!

January 04, 2006 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home