Monday, January 02, 2006

This does not bode well for 2006.

Things could definitely be boding better.

Mike Sherman got fired this morning. I'm not ashamed to say I cried a little bit. I think this is pretty much the final nail in the coffin of Brett Favre's historic career. I also cried a little bit when I watched Favre run off the field yesterday, because I had a feeling that it might be the last time I'll ever see that.

And now that I'm watching the Capital One Bowl, I get a little choked up every time I see Barry Alvarez on the sidelines.

Today sort of marks the end of Wisconsin football as I know it. That sucks.

UPDATE: Thanks to the Badgers making one of the precious God's-gift-to-football SEC teams their bitch this afternoon, I'm feeling a wee bit better. With 4 minutes left in the game, and Auburn down 24-10, the announcers kept yapping about how Auburn was "still in the game." Had the scores been reversed, I have no doubt that they would have been announcing that it was "all over for Alvarez and his Badgers." It pissed me off. Just a little. With just under a minute left, I'm pretty sure every house within a 2 block radius could hear me screaming "Are they still in the game NOW, Assholes?! ARE THEY STILL IN THE GAME NOOOOOWWWWW?!?" It was probably very disturbing to them.

3 Comments:

Blogger R said...

LOL. Congrats. :)

So, what do I owe you?

January 02, 2006 3:36 PM  
Blogger Flamingo Jones said...

"I was thinking some kind of homage to the winning team in the form of a huge banner announcing their greatness posted on our respective blogs for, say, a week."

I'll have a lovely banner ready for you sometime today. I shall email it to you. It will be fabulous.

January 03, 2006 6:24 AM  
Blogger barn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 03, 2006 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home